What will university see in my profile via OUAC?
OUAC is a university application center, where the university will see all of your grade 11 and 12 marks, along with the students choice for university and a place to accept offers to universities.
Furthermore, universities are mostly interested in the top six marks from the students. Some university programs require certain pre requisite, namely, English 12, Adv Functions, Calculus, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. It depends on the univesrity and programs.
What is OUAC 101 applicant or 105 applicants?
101 applicants refers to Ontario high school students, whereas 105 applicants are special case students, such as mature students
For 101 applicants: you must be a full time day school student. In this case, you will obtain your login information and pasword directly from your school. Your school is responsible to submit the grades to OUAC.
For 105 applicants: you will be considered a 105 applicant, if:
- – you are a mature student
- – you attend a high school outside of Ontario
- – you did not attend school for the past 7 months consecutively
if you are a 105 student, you can still create an account with OUAC. OUAC will not be responsible to submit your grades to universities. In this case, you are responsible to submit your grades, transcripts and report cards directly to the universities yourself.
How do I create my account and login to OUAC?
OUAC provides a tutorial to guide you through.
How do I access my OUAC reference number?
After you have created your OUAC account, you will obtain your OUAC reference number. This number starts with year + 6 digits. for example:
And this OUAC reference number will appear on the left hand column of your OUAC homepage.
When does school submit my grades to OUAC?
OUAC has a series of dates, where they collect marks and pose deadline for schools to submit all the students grade:
OUAC marks collection dates:
Oct – Nov – Semester 1 midterm mark submission
Jan – Feb – Semester 1 final mark submission
Mar – Apr – Semester 2 midterm mark submission
June – Semester 2 final mark submission
Does OUAC apply to only Ontario universities, or I can use OUAC for out of province universities?
students who apply to out of province universities must authorize the university to collect their grades from the OUAC.
To complete the authorization process, the student must provide their 11 digit OUAC Reference number on the university application form:
2022 – xxx – xxx
The following out of province universities may obtain grades from OUAC
University of Calgary
Simon Fraser University
For the other universities, you may contact the universities and check them independently.
OUAC Step 1: Research on your target university and program
Your first step is to check out the university websites and the programs you plan to enroll:
- – Check out the program that the university offers
- – Use the OUAC code and write down the program that you are applying
- – Check the criteria, especially on which high school courses you need to complete. (i.e. the pre-requisite courses). Admission requirement is also important
- – Check the criteria, especially on which high school courses you need to
- – Check the grade you need on the top 6 grade 12 average. In addition, some schools require “must have” courses. For example, most tier one business schools requires adv functions (MHF4U) and calculus (MCV4U)
- – Check if there are supplementary application you need to submit. Check the deadline for submission. This is very important
Note – Below we have university admission at a glance, where we summarize all the major programs admission requirement on a chart
Note – Below we have the university admission deadline card, it lists out all the application deadlines
OUAC Step 2: Gather your information
- – In Oct / Nov, you will receive your access code from your school:
You need to use this for your application
OUAC Step 3: Fill in your Application
- – Create your OUAC account. If you already have an OUAC account, write down your username and password so you won’t lose it.
- – You will need your username and password, when you select your university programs, check your status of your offers and accept your offers
- – Complete each section of the OUAC application page
- – Review and double check the programs you want to apply before clicking “I Verify and Agree”
- – Once you click “I Verify and Agree”, you need to submit your application along wtih the fees before the deadline of your targeted programs.
- – Your OUAC reference number will be generated. Write this down and put it in a safe place. You will use this number when you contact OUAC later on, as well as submitting your grades or supplementary applications
OUAC Step 4: After you apply
- – Once you submitted your application, login to verify details. You can always make changes if needed.
- – Your university offers or request for info will be sent only via email. Double check your spam filter and make sure that you don’t block those.
- – Most university offers (except early acceptance) will be sent by the end of May
For further OUAC information, visit OUAC site: https://www.ouac.on.ca/
If you are struggling in any subjects in high school and need a better grade to your target universities, Queen Elizabeth Academy offers MHF4U(Advanced Functions), English12(ENG4U), physics12(SPH4U), chemistry12(SCH4U), Calculus and Vectors(MCV4U)